viernes, 3 de noviembre de 2017

Entry 13: Reflexion

Personally I think my writing has improved a lot, since now I have many more strategies and tools and skills to be able to develop writing. One of the reasons of why I improved my writing is the application of the theory about writing in foreign languages. The strategies, techniques and skills that have helped me in my progress in writing are:

-The Bottom-up and Top-Down approaches
- Academic writing by the university
-Pre-writing activities
-The pragmatics and discourse analysis
-What is a text and what is not a text
-The focus on the audience and the imaginary reader
-How to create the thesis and how to select the topic
-The purposes of the text, its contexts and relationships
-The practice from the smallest to the largest, from the paragraph to the essay.

These are some of the tools that helped me improve my writing during this period. The bibligraphic texts that helped me to understand the writing process were "From Paragraph to Essay" and "Discourse and Context in Language Teaching. A Guide for Language Teachers." by Marianne Celce-Murcia.
The writing process is not a quick process, rather it is a slow process, in which it takes a lot of time to be able to apply all the characteristics that contemporary theorists propose in their assertions of their theories. In this slow process, personally, I believe that I improved the foundation of each paragraph with examples and fundaments, improving topic sentences and linking ideas to improve the coherence of my texts.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Entry 14: Final Reflexion

Not only did portfolio serve as a method of evaluation for teachers, but also served as a folder of summaries and analysis on the different ...